Jun 13, 2008

Things I have learned

What, pray tell, is the secret to living in NYC on a student budget?

1. Not having time to eat decreases food costs.
2. Not having time to shop decreases clothing costs.
3. Not having time to leave school between the hours of 8 AM and 11 PM decreases chances of buying anything outside the realm of the vending machine. Which today consisted of diet coke and a rice krispie treat. (droool)

I knew grad school would be tough but ggggggg. This time spent on schoolwork is UNPRECEDENTED. I am not a good student. I'll admit I have some smarts, but studying was never my best feature (duh, have you seen my legs lately?). I don't really know how I'm doing all this studying other than it is completely necessary. I can't fail out of grad school and if that means I get 6 hours of sleep a night and spend 13 hours a day at school, then so be it.

I really really like it. It's just really very hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is your mother. You have to eat more than that! I'm going to start sending you a lunch to take with you every day.

JD said...

i have found that spite is a good motivator. get someone you dislike to tell you you can't do it. then it's totally on.

Anonymous said...

I have found that sprite is a good motivator. It's delicious. And I think that you are not happy because there is no Arby's there. Norm said the closest one is in Connecticut. If you want me to send you some, just give me the high sign. It's pretty good if you reheat it in the oven by broiling it.