Apr 7, 2009

driving on the wrong side.

I have always been a good driver, but apparently my past 2 years spent car-less have taken a toll on my skills. I used to be a smooth driver, hugging the curves, easy on the brakes, keeping a steady pace. But now - I'm uh, not. I jerk and stall, I run red lights, I do the "california roll" at stop signs. I've also started talking to myself in the car and turning down the radio to "think" a la my mother. No offense, mom.

*Sigh

The worst part is that the previous status quo of TH handing me the keys every time we walked to his car has been replaced with a generous walk to the drivers side door, or a reluctant "do you want to drive today?" Blerg.

Do you think I should get a car after I get a job? It would be fun to have a car again. Especially my little Karman Ghia I want so badly.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I think you should get a car. So you aren't a great driver now because of lack of practice. If you enjoy driving, and want a car, then you'll only get better from here.