Apr 2, 2009

Strange currencies

I was walking down the street this morning and I saw a pregnant lady. I have to say, it was shocking to see her belly sticking out, thinking of the life growing inside of her. She looked so happy - not uncomfortable at all.

And now I reflect: Seeing pregnant ladies in nyc is strange. I hardly ever see them, probably because i'm at school all day and if i ever go out, its usually late and maybe pregnant ladies go to bed early? I don't know. But seeing pregnant ladies at grad school just doesn't happen. I think it's illegal for grad students to be pregnant. It's like a concert pianist who has a side job as a sword juggler - it's just not a good idea.

Also never see children. But I do see a lot of dogs. Hmmm...

2 comments:

JD said...

do you see a lot of potential hobos in NYC?

modestmuse said...

I know what you mean. It was always startling to have interaction with children when I was at BYUH. You'd think you'd see them all the time, but they are really kind of relegated to certain places and routines.