Apr 18, 2009

laptop dead. see school computer lab for gnomie.

When I went to Europe last month, one of my favorite parts was being away from my cell phone. I wasn't checking it constantly, or texting random people to say hello, or worried about people calling, etc.

Now that my laptop is officially dead (after being miraculously revived twice), I am no longer a slave. Sure, I stay at school too late and it is inconvenient. But at home - I am free. I read. I think. I talk to people. In class - I pay attention. I join in on the discussion.

No more reading news. No more obsessively checking blogs. No more obsessively checking my email. No more distracting g chatting during class. It's pretty nice. I might take a laptop break for a while (especially because the funds are ltd right now what with my being in the last month of my grad school funds).

Is this a technology revolt actually a technology revolution? I'm going back to analog for a while. Or whatever. I think I am against mobile information devices. Wireless internet and cell phones are killing our culture and Im convinced adding to my own A.D.D.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey Julie! So good to hear from you! Wow, looks like you're a busy girl. But, having lots of fun traveling.....I'm so jealous! Life is good for me. I LOVE being a mom! Especially to the sweetest baby boy ever :) Good luck with everything! Keep in touch.