Apr 30, 2009

oh yay.

Thank you for your support, friends.

I'm at the end, really. Yesterday went really really well. Today is the last class of my favorite class. Monday is my last class ever. Then 2 finals, and I'm done on the 11th. What?! 

Today is the last day of April. I feel really good about this. Making it through this month was not easy, but I think I've come through it better and stronger in many ways. I feel really confident in the choices I'm making. My decision to move back to DC was tough, and a little heartbreaking, but I really feel like thats where I need to be right now. Go where the jobs are, young graduate student. And the jobs seem to all be in DC. And I love it there, which doesn't hurt. And there are a lot of lovely people that I wouldn't mind living with.

This weekend, for the first time in a while, I'm going to take off entirely from school. TH is coming up on the train tomorrow morning, and we're going to paint this town red before I leave. 

Can you feel the relief I'm experiencing yet? School over, jobs abound, etc. 

I got my cap and gown earlier this week and I hung it on my door. I keep looking at it, in disbelief. It feels so cool to be accomplishing this life goal. 

2 comments:

Joy said...

Congratulations!!

Jay and Heath said...

Family Julz! So proud of you. You're my hero and I heart you mucho. Miss ya, Heather