the new virginia governor, bob mcdonnell, isn't making any pretenses.
he just named his transition team, and its chock full of all the usual repub suspects.
5 co-chairs of the team are:
1. Kay Cole James, president of the Gloucester Institute, and board member of ultra conservative Heritage Foundation
2. Bill Bolling, Lt Gov of VA
3. Bill Mims, Attorney General of VA
4. Bobbie Kilberg, president and CEO of Northern Virginia Technology Council, and former Bush appointee
5. and the nail in the coffin: Tom Ferrell, CEO of Dominion Resources - the evil king of coal in Virginia and mid-atlantic states.
Apparently him and Tom were super good friends in high school. So...how's that climate and energy legislation looking, gov-elect McDonnell? What's going to happen in this and other southern states who are completely controlled by utilities who want nothing to do with forward looking technologies? They're already being left in the dust as many, many other states are building their economies to be leaders in clean energy. This is something that Virginia is hardly able to do with the way utilities are allowed to function. If the southern states don't move on this, federal action will likely take place, and all other states who already have energy efficiency, renewable, and climate plans in place are going to benefit. And Virginia ratepayers will see their bills rise.
I need to move.