Nov 28, 2012

Christmas Crafternoon.

Last night, I hosted our little sort of annual Christmas craft party. I had planned on a few ladies coming over for a somewhat quiet night of making garlands and ornaments and gift tags, but word got out (and I'm glad it did!), and we ended up having more than half the ladies in the ward (and then some!) over for crafts, delicious food, and general merriment. It was like a surprise party for me (and the Gods of craft?), and I was thrilled to have a perfectly raucous group of ladies at my house! I know everyone is busy this time of year, so I was extra pleased that so many girls in my hood equally recognize the importance of girls night and Christmas preparation. I already want to have another crafternoon tomorrow, especially if it involves chocolate butter and challah bread and GOAT BUTTER and cranberry walnut bread. How had I never had goat butter before last night? I am forever indebted to you, Libby.

Anyway, onto more important things like how talented everyone is.  And how I just stole everyone's instagram photos for this blog post. Your welcome! And thank you. We had a blast. It was the first night I could remember actually completing a craft (let alone even starting one) at craft night. Hurrah. Success for all. And now I am officially in the Christmas spirit.








2 comments:

hanner said...

every crafternoon/crafterguild/whatever should involve paper punches from now on, methinks.

Patience said...

i just fell in love. with that star garland! i think i may have to make one for my tree- we usually do popcorn and cranberries but i just don't think i have the patience for it this year ;).