Nov 15, 2012

Happy birthday, Henry.

It's been a year since that day you changed our lives forever, made our hearts triple in size, and left us a little bleary-eyed and absent-minded for a while.
You made me a mother. You're growing up every single day and I am so proud of you and I hate it all at the same time. It doesn't seem fair that I carry you for 9 months in my belly and then you are only a snuggly sweet smelling baby for 2 seconds.
But oh, to live in those 2 seconds was like a dream. Everyone told me - enjoy these moments they pass so quickly, but I couldn't comprehend it until it happened. Even though those first few months are a complete whirlwind, I look back and think of the peace and gentle kindness you brought into our home.  How lucky we are to have you in our lives. Happy birthday, little Henry.


Manders said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!! Our son, Tallon, turned 1 on the 13th :) such happy times

Patience said...

those few first months- days not to be forgotten. what a sweet little new born henny! can't wait to hear about his bday party that we missed (boo hoo!!). xo