Jul 23, 2007

Weekends

I have been 25 for 77 days. 11 weeks of being in the midpoint of my twenty-something phase of life. So its only natural I would be going through a quarter life crisis, right?
I had a fabulous weekend. Fabuloso. In fact, I can't remember a better weekend I've had in the past few months. This may just be the best weekend of my 25th year to date. That is saying something.
This past Friday I went to Harry Potter mania in Alexandria. The main drag of Old Town was set up to look like Diagon Alley. It was awesome. Everyone was dressed up, kids and adults alike. There was talk of Quiddich Balls. Conspiracy Theories were discussed. Chocolate Frogs were eaten in massive quantities.
And Saturday was BABY DAY!!! My brothers and sisters all flew in from out of town and they brought their babies with them! But before I picked them up from the airport, I went for a drive with 2 of my favorite friends. We found the coolest little towns and villages. We drove on so many scenic byways. We are definately going back to go antiquing soon! I bought a bunch of peaches and made a delicious peach cobbler last night. Served so warm and gooey with vanilla bean ice cream!

Anyway this week is going to be full of babies, sisters, brothers, and moving. I think Iggy and I found an apartment. I just hope we can get all of our crap moved in time. Now that I don't have a car, I might have to rent a uhaul. Boo. But no way will I pay movers to come in and do it for me. I'm planning on getting down and dirty and very sore. If all goes according to plan, I will have a slipped disc by this time next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's to drunk drivers, high COL, and lower back pain!

Anonymous said...

Your best weekend would have been the time that D-Rock and I drove to Wyoming to buy fireworks, stopped and bought clearance Valentine's Day candy at King's in Logan, stopped for a raspberry shake at Bear Lake, and drove to Newton Lake for a midnight roman candle war complete with sparklers, bottle rockets, smoke bombs, and some firework called an 'ass chopper'... but you guys ditched out on us to go hang out with others that were cooler than we were. Oh how I wish I were that albino rapper.