Mar 24, 2008

Everybody's workin for the weekend.

My weekends are never long enough and this past weekend was no exception. It was so much not long enough, in fact, that I took the morning off as well. Despite my relatively early bed time of 11:15, I couldn't get up to save my life. I had begun watching Royal Tennenbaums around 10:30 and fell asleep during the first half hour. I had the strangest dreams all night long about work, school, friends, family, you name it. So this morning I called in late to work and then proceeded to sleep in until a blissful 11:30.

I stretched in bed and reviewed the previous nights happenings, stretched some more and went downstairs to the kitchen for some brunch. Today's lucky meal was leftover tuna and white bean salad and an organic (yes, organic!) pop-tart. It was yummy. I brought the two items back to my bed and finished watching Royal Tennenbaums. There's something so delightful about being lazy on a work day. Everyone is busting their humps, and you are kicking back and being slothful. Blissful.

After the eating in bed and noon movie, I threw an outfit together and walked outside to catch the circus coming to town. Literally. Barnum and Bailey came into town today and they had their parade of elephants. I took some great pictures (hopefully) with my digital and my Holga - finally finished the roll.

This weekend was filled with hanging out with old friends, meeting new friends, a night in Baltimore - exploring parts of the city I never knew existed, church, easter dinner with my family and an evening of checking out camera stuffs. Oh and another show from Le Loup - DC's premiere (I think) band. Check them out!

It was a great weekend, but every weekend I spend here is so doomsday-ish. I know I only have like 6 more left. I'm having a hard time truly enjoying myself knowing that its all about to change. Am I scared? Hell yes. Has that ever stopped me from doing something before? No way. I just wish it would come sooner!! The suspense is killing me.

2 comments:

modestmuse said...

You are so hilarious! Meant to comment on your Ghetto Lit post, too. The bus rides -- fantastic. "Tenenbaums" is one of my favorite movies. The best part is when they're trying to stage an intervention in his apt. and he's talking to them so seriously, and on the wall behind him are these hilariously irreverent paintings of 4-wheeling dudes with masks on. LOL! Anyway, I want to steal time with you, but I know your weekends are numbered -- didn't realize there were that few, though! And I'm far down your long list of adorers. Love to see what NY will inspire you to blog!

Jay and Heath said...

dang... It's been a long while since I've had one of those mornings. Probably since I graduated. hmm... somethings just not right about that. I'm really excited for you and your big move! Take care chica!