Mar 17, 2008

I actually don't really recall

This weekend was full of revelations. Not like prophetic revelations (that was last week) but maybe more like realizations. I am calling them revelations because they sound more important that way.

1. The phrase "reinventing the wheel" -
I was driving around in my friends car and was pondering what I could do to save the world (true story. I know, I'm ridiculous). "If I'm going to do something monumental, I really need to conceptualize something completely new. Something like the first invention all over again. Like the wheel. I will reinvent the...oh! I get it!"
That conversation actually did take place in my head. Don't judge.

2. I am going to miss DC. I have really grown to love this city, even more so since Iggy and I moved into our sweetly located bachelorette pad. Saturday was spent taking pictures of city scapes such as awesome rowhomes, graveyards, and urban peoples at bus stops. Don't worry that I was taking pictures on my holga and I didn't realize I was shooting on the wrong frame and all my pictures are going to be screwed up. Whatever. I'm so tee - oh'd. Anyway, I finished up the roll on my Brownie and will be processing that film this week. I want to take pics of DC to NYC with me and keep them by my bedside for when I have downtime to sit down and be depressed about missing my friends and hometown.

3. Just because you pay $5 for a small bowl of fries does NOT mean they will taste good. However if you buy 3 Zydeco songs on the jukebox as you are preparing to leave it will make you feel better about the loss.

4. Puzzles and tofu scramble are a good way to spend Sunday morning.

5. I got a new iPod! (Not a revelation but rather an exciting andecdote to be cherished. Thanks for the pod, Debbie!)

Hope you all are having a happy St. Patricks Day. I am (thankfully) wearing green underwear, so no pinchies for me. My friend, Jenny, told me on gchat this morning that she forgot to wear green and instead wore all black. She's trying to change the holiday to gothpatrick's day. I stand behind you, J Core.

1 comment:

leslie said...

gothpatricks day!
i like how goth replaces saint.
that seems delightfully sacriligious.
although... i am just shootin words here but... the holiday always seemed more about beer than religion?
lucky me, i have my jade ring that i wear for always, every day. if it was "every day brings something pinchy if you aren't wearing green," i would still be ok.
i'm going to miss you, too!!!
[cue weepy "beaches" scene. ugh, gnomie. what the h-e-double-hockey sticks are we gonna do without each other?]