Mar 7, 2008

In a frenzy

This week has been abso-nuts with work and school decisions and the whatnot.
However I have made a few really great decisions and reached some conclusions this week.
ALSO I came up with a new word:
Bro-dea: An idea from the bro's. Example: Hey bra! Lets go catch the game and drink beers on our heads! Gnarly!

I think its really going to catch on.

So it seems I have decided on a school. I had to respond to the school by this past monday on whether or not I would accept the offer. I accepted by default - mainly because I'm on the waitlist at the other school I really want to attend. And the waitlist doesn't always pan out. It's kind of like the DC lottery. People will wait in those damn lines and spend money on lotto tickets instead of food and wait and wait and wait to win money. This almost never happens. So I'm kind of bummed.
What this means is that I might be moving to New York City in the next few months. The program starts in June. I'm terrified. But once this is more solidified, I'll let you guys know a little more.

I went to a basketball game earlier this week and realized how much I despise the stupid sport. I thought it was just USU games that I hated (that Lars would always drag me to. Dumb.) but no - its pro games, too. That being said I LOVED the "cams" they put on the megatron thing. I don't know what its really called, but you know my friend, Megatron? She's super cool. Just wanted to give a shout-out. Anyway. So they have a kiss-cam, a dance-cam and apparently a flex-cam, but I missed that.
So my favorite is the usually the kiss cam because it narrows in on really awkward couples. I love it when the attack each other but i love it MORE when one person really wants to kiss the other and the other person is OVER IT. Suckers. They look like such jerks. Hilarious.
Do you have any good stories about kiss-cams or dance-cams?

3 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I've tried to get on dance ones but obviously I'm a little outdated or just not showing enough skin...but Kash and I were on a kiss one at a USU game - even though we aren't an awkward couple it was a really awkward moment...

modestmuse said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the grad school decision! I think you'll find other things will begin to fall into place. Sometimes you have to make one decision to set other things in motions. Wow, NYC!! Awesome! You know I'll be crashing at your place so we can attempt a gastronomic takeover of the Big Apple har har.

Thanks for the props. I think it's called a jumbotron. Basketball is my ultimate favorite sport to watch. We can still be friends. Here's my awkward -cam story: For my birthday several years ago, my dad took me to a Wizard's game to see MJ play. My dad's white-bread, and I'm, of course, a H-B O. I have an irrational fear that when we go places, people might think I'm not his daughter and think I'm his gf. Eeeew. We didn't get on the jumbotron, but I was terrified we would during the "kiss-cam." That would've been awkward to try to gesture "He's my dad." What's the sign for that?

Jay and Heath said...

Congrats Julz! New York? I'm so excited for you. We're totally going to need to visit you :) Miss you! Heather