Mar 13, 2008

Ohhhhh girls just wanna have, they just wanna, they just wanna-uhhh

Last night I had the discreet pleasure of taking in an utterly girly movie - Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day. This was the ultimate chick-flick, in that it had silk robes with feathers, squeaky high voices, tete-a-tete's with a variety of men, makeovers, glitzy glamour, singing, and - yes most importantly - LOVE.

The love part was an essential part of the movie, yes, but I'm talking about when I fell in love.
With him:
Oh, Lee Pace. You are delightful, aren't you? The way you make me swoon in my seat in public. The effortless charm you possess which willed me out of my seat last night and forced my hand to fan my blushing cheeks. You are my husband, lets not deny it any further.

I had a girls night out last night with the Iggster, Mei Mei, and Mary D. I love these girls. It is so difficult to find girls who have as much depth, humor, love, sweetness, style, grace, and kind words as these 3 girls. I feel lucky to have them as friends and - girls - we need to have a sleepover so soon. I'm talking pedi's, mani's, facials, cookie dough, brownie batter, pizza, and smutty magazines and rubbish movies.

Anyway I highly recommend you see this movie. Take your boyfriends/husbands if you must. But if you really want to have a fun girly time-out: go with the gals. It wasn't even all fluff, either. The movie was superbly acted and there were some very heartfelt moments interlaced with all the bubble baths and fashion shows. See it and let me know how it changed your life.

1 comment:

DeeAura said...

Hurrah!!! :) I fully support and envy your forward-moving life decisions. Also, I liek that you're a gnome. A nomadic one, nonetheless. :) I give you permission to stalk me. Even though I already know you're a million times cooler than me. :)

www.deeaura.blogspot.com

Seriously. If you forget about me, I'll hate you. :)