Mar 4, 2008

Walking around, just checkin stuff out

I walked down the street over the weekend to take some pictures of the neighborhood. It was a fun time and I felt like quite the tourist. Glad to play the part.

I found a family
And a big giant pencil in the middle of a field.
Columnal.
Sepia tones make everything look old. I like it.
I need to get out and take more pictures in my neighborhood. I'm working with some old box camera right now and I got some new color lenses for a Holga I just started shooting with. With which I just began shooting. Anyway. I am trying to work on my skillz. I want to find shots that look at every day things from a different perspective. I like that.

5 comments:

Eric said...

Thanks for the heads up on the pencil. I've thought that was a phallus for some time now.

The Sullengers said...

whats up with the gray box - we want to see your hotty!

modestmuse said...

Yeah, from the human features of his face, i.e. the lips and chin, he looks hot. But I'm a sucker for the scruffy look. Actually, wait a minute -- from what I can see -- the build, haircut, but not so much the clothes -- it looks like MY HUSBAND!!!! WHAT THE?!?? Either you're my man's girl on the side, or I'm a bad wife who can't recognize her own man. Hm.

Ms.LMC said...

You fight about foodstuffs with Brian Austin Green? I used to love that show he was in. What was it called? Some zip code I think.

Julie said...

Spew:
I like to refer to it as The Nations Boner, but then my friends always remind me that the position is currently being filled by our fearless leader, G Dubya.

Ladies, ladies, ladies.
Patience - If this boy continues to play it right, he will eventually show up on the blog. But for protection of the innocent I will continue to shroud his face with boxes and other Paint features. Thank you for your concern.