Mar 26, 2009

Montmarte










I took the train to Paris and walked up to Montmarte as soon as I left the train station. It was about 65 degrees outside, beautiful sunny Spring day. I visited the Sacre Coeur, walked up the the top of the dome, up the 300 stairs, then visited the catacombs. Then I walked to the Montmarte cemetary, and walked around the narrow cobblestone streets. I walked into a bakery and said one of the only things I knew how: Pan au chocolate. Merci.
I walked around the streets, eating my pastry, soaking in Paris, soaking in the sun, reflecting on my weekend in London and how lucky I was to be getting a free trip to Paris! Finally, a payoff from my expensive graduate program.
I was only here for about 4 hours, then took the metro over to meet up with the rest of the school group, and we were off to cat around France for 4 days.

4 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

Paris is a favorite place of mine!! So jealous of Moulin Rouge...we didn't' get to see that when we were there! I keep trying to convince Josh to take me back over there...maybe I'll show him your pics to get him a bit more excited!

Joy said...

Love your pictures. You've got a great eye for shots!

naomi megan. said...

all of these photos are breathtaking!!! looks like you had a beautiful time there!!

let me know when you come back to DC! we live on the same block as jimmy t's! yes yes! so excited!

Team O'Connor said...

Your pictures are so good! I love the colors. Also, you're hot in all of your pics! How do you do that when you're traveling? I'm impressed. Looks like so much fun!