Mar 28, 2009

Paris

Paris, in between meetings and school trips, was pure gluttony. I became a glutton in every aspect. I ate more cheese than I care to say, more chocolate than thus far consumed in 2009, the best falafal I've ever had, etc. I also experienced visual gluttony. Every street, every cathedral, every small shop - I could not get enough.

My favorite neighborhoods were St Germain des Pres, Les Halles, the Jewish Quarter, and Montparnesse. Each neighborhood was so distinct and had the world to offer. If I had it to do over again I would've spent all my time eating in Montparnesse and Les Halles and shopping in the Jewish Quarter and Saint Germain des Pres. I wasn't there long enough to get a great feel for the good shopping, but I was really impressed with the Jewish Quarter. I found the coolest dress in a random thrift store there and an adorable red purse. All for under 10 euro. Hooray.

I could die happy in Paris. Their museums alone are enough to keep me occupied for the rest of my life. I left Paris on Friday and took the Eurostar back to London to spend my last weekend in Europe.







1 comment:

modestmuse said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love all of your pictures -- especially the one of you sitting, looking at the bridge! So dramatic and beautiful. I really like your hair up in a bun with bangs, very cute. And all your outfits and scarves; tres chic! We just watched Amelie the other day, which takes place in Montmartre! I swear I saw that carousel in the movie. I hope to visit Paris again one day, but for now "the Paris of South America" will have to do :)