Sep 18, 2006

things and other things

Somebody left a little toy on my desk over the weekend. It is a wooden box that has a message written on the top in black:
OPEN IN CASE OF FIRE!!!
So of course, I opened it to see what it said. And this is what it said:
NOT NOW DUMMY! I SAID IN CASE OF FIRE.
I don't know who would've given me something so silly. But they must have known that I am impatient, curious, and disobedient. They must know me well, because clearly that is not public knowledge.

In other news, I have a meeting today with the director of this grad school program at University of Alaska-Fairbanks. I'm excited for three reasons:
1. I might be going to UAF for grad school.
2. The research program is really interesting and seems to directly feed my career goals and research interests.
3. I get to leave work early to go to the meeting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you become an official Alaska citizen, can I go bear hunting with you and then can we make bear jerky and maybe some bear bacon?