Jan 15, 2008

College: The best 7 years of my life

As per my new years goals, I am working on the grad school thing.

As of today I have applied to 5 out of the 6 schools I am interested in. They all have amazing programs and I'd be thrilled to get into any of them! Especially with some sort of fellowship (send well wishes my way, please!!!).

The last school is kind of my "if nothing else works out I'll go here" school. The deadline isn't till April, so I'm not worried. It's a fine school, but I'm not excited about their faculty or course offerings. Oh, plus about 50% of my high school graduating class went here and I don't really want to follow in their footsteps. The other 50% didn't go to college - they had babies and acquired drug addictions, I'm assuming. And most of them surely have Redskins logos and flags on their cars. And still "dip" every day. NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. (Is dip a Virginia thing?)

Anyway. I really hope I get into a good school. I want the experience the sheer joy of getting an A. It hasn't happened to me since like 7th grade when I got "straight A's except for one B".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dip is a very cowboy idaho thing too.