Jan 20, 2008

Thoughts on Colors (not the band from USU)

I woke up this morning, facing the wall right next to my bed. I normally sleep on my back and therefore wake up on my back. On occasion I will get a little crazy and sleep on my side, but it is nearly ALWAYS my right side. So waking up this morning was quite unusual facing a wall. The most abnormal part of this was that my first thought was "am I inside an avocado?" We painted one of the walls in the bedroom a few months ago. I've never known what color green to call it, but this morning it was totally avocado green. So...now I know.

The reason that this color description even matters is because I am moving and need a way to describe the color to people in the ad. Do you think Avocado Green sounds enticing? Because the mere thought of being inside an avocado brings me joys unknown.

I'm already thinking of colors to paint my new room. Here's what I have so far:
I really like this red and blue together. Not sure what I would do with it, but it gives me some good ideas for decorating.
This yellow is kind of nice, but just a tad orangey.
I really like grey. This particular color is really nice.
Also like this grey.
What do you guys think? (Cara I am obsessed with the idea of painting a bathroom purplish/blue...also channeling French design.)

1 comment:

Jen Evans said...

I say do circles. And you don't even have to paint them. Abby has some cool circle stickers that look great. They're not too big, so you'll probably have to get a lot, but luckily they are from the dollar store. Abby rocks.