Apr 27, 2010

finding good services in dc.

for some reason, while i love dc, some things have been impossible to find here.
e.g. awesome massage therapist, hairstylist, dry cleaner, tailor

well, last night i made some headway. i have a reoccurring lower back and right shoulder pain from previous injuries in my life. and you see, poor little me needs some relief sometimes. and TH is likely to file for an annulment if i keep begging him for back massages.
What I like in a massage therapist:
Close to my office
If I request you work on certain areas, please do not feel the need to spend 10 minutes there and the remainder on my legs and feet. I don't care about that unless I'm going in for a relaxation massage (which make me feel so pampered and luxurious!)
Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.
Recommendations of how to keep the area loose so I don't have to get a weekly massage.

So i called around yesterday and found: Eye Street Massage Therapy. I only did a 30 minute massage (I recommend doing this on your first visit because sometimes 60 minutes ends up being a waste of time if its a bad therapist) and Pam worked out so many knots in my back and focused on all the right spots. I am SO HAPPY. I finally found a massage therapist!

5 comments:

Joy said...

Hmm, I've been meaning to try a massage for a while. I've got the aches and pains too, and think it would help my shoulder a lot. Plus Eye Street is close to work! Score!!

hanner said...

you found a place that quickly! how great. thank goodness you didn't mistake "masseuse" for "massage therapist"... :)

Kim Gardner said...

I think you know what kind of problems these are...

modestmuse said...

I feel relaxed just reading this. Next time I'm back in DC I want to try her out!

naomi megan. said...

we swear by the dry cleaners by the post office on pennsylvania near eastern market. josh is very particular about how his shirts are pressed/ starched/ cleaned... so trust me when i say we have shopped around the hill for a good cleaners. also, the woman who works here is a hoot. we are obsessed.

and can't wait to try out this massage place. i need one.

xoxo