Apr 30, 2010

cupcakes for friday.

i had a really really bad day yesterday. so i did what any girl would do. i got all sad and pouty and looked for a fix. turns out, i found two fixes!
1. to cheer me up, TH took me to lunch...on top of his office building! they have a cool rooftop patio that overlooks the white house and the washington monument, and the poor little normal people on the street. he had to get special permission for me to come to the exclusive members only rooftop, and he even stole me some contraband skittles from the break room. yes sir.

oh yes, this is a normal day for me. lunch on a roof. please pass the liver pate.

secondly, and decidedly much more important, i went home and made cupcakes. ming's cupcake 14, to be exact, devils food cupcakes with my own magic creamcheese frosting recipe. drooool city. i also added mini choco chips to the batter and used butter instead of shortening. they are absolutely without a doubt the best cupcakes i've ever made. which is not saying much because literally for the past year i have burned everything i have tried to make. anyway, i was restraining myself all night to run into the kitchen and steal one.
success!! don't they look good enough to eat? well, they are. when i woke up this morning, a cupcake was missing...seems like TH had the same idea i did, but he was smart enough to actually go through with it. hmph.

onto the weekend...happy friday everyone! what are you up to this weekend? we're moving a dear friend, then headed to virginia's eastern shore! i'm so excited - in all my 20 something years of living in virginia, i've never been. i'm crossing my fingers we see wild ponies.

2 comments:

Jen Evans said...

I hope your dear friend's name if Jen Evans. And the eastern shore is my basement.

hanner said...

ahhh you did it! (made the cupcake that is.) sign. me. up.