Aug 9, 2007

More Cabbage

Because I know you all went directly to your kitchen after reading my Curried Colcannon recipe and sweated heavily over the stove whilst whipping up dinner, I also know that you might have leftover cabbage from this venture. What can you do with cabbage anyway? {Besides hang it from a string and let the cats bat at it, of course.}

I want to share another cabbage recipe to ease your troubled minds.
And the name by which this meal shall be known on this earth is:

Asian Cabbage Slaw

Salad for two:

Ingredients:
Salad:
1/4 head Shredded Cabbage
Diced Apple
1 c. Mixed greens/herbs
Toasted almonds

Dressing:
1/4 c. Rice Vinegar
1 TB Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tsp Sugar
dash of soy sauce


Toss the ingredients of the salad together in a medium bowl. Whisk together the vinegar, oil and sugar. Chill for 5 minutes.

An absolutely fresh and deliciously crunchy summer salad! Play around with the ingredients until you get the taste you like. I think I'll make it again tonight, this time with oranges!

The best part about this week is that now I'm not afraid of eating cabbage anymore. It's so easy to cook with!

4 comments:

Eric said...

Another winner. I feel compelled to share another of my favorites. The new bowl is a blend of mouth-watering flavors and textures all layered together. I start with my signature mashed potatoes layered with sweet kernel corn and loaded with bite-size pieces of crispy chicken. Then I top it with my homestyle white pepper gravy and sprinkle with my shredded three cheese blend. For the final touch, I tuck a buttermilk biscuit in the side. I call it the Chicken & Biscuit Bowl. It's super.

Jen Evans said...

My super recipe: start with bowl half full of Krusteaz pancake mix. Add water, stirring gently, until mix is at desired consistency. Pour into silver dollar to manhole cover sized pancakes, sometimes adding mickey mouse ears. Cook. Douse in Aunt Jemima or Mrs. Buttersworth until snarky sibling/roomie asks if you'd like pancake with syrup. And enjoy.

Julie said...

Eric, your recipe sounds really amazing and original. I can't wait to try it out. If only you would give up the recipe for your signature mashed potatoes.

Eric said...

The secret comes in a packaged deal with information about my three cheese blend.