May 3, 2010

burned. ouch.






This weekend was so great. Friday night we fell asleep at like 10pm because we are awesome. Woke up saturday, and packed up the car to head out to Chincoteague Island! Lucky for me, TH has family out that way so they go visit quite a bit. It was gorgeous, beautiful weather. And the town his family lives in, Parksley, has to be the most adorable town I've ever visited. Every house looked like a dollhouse and there was a train museum in the middle of town. And old school shops on main street, including Jaxon's which sold everything from beach chairs to rifles to sunday 3-piece suits. Awesome.

We went for the weekend to celebrate this little guys first birthday: He's so darling! We love him. Happy first Alex.

We had a great 2 day getaway with TH's family. Except...sunday we laid out on the beach we all got BURNED to crisps. And I fell asleep on my side. Now my left side looks like a tomato, and my right side is still my pale self. Once again, I start off the summer with weird tan lines.

We loved taking the mini on its first road trip and planned out several more we want to take this summer. Can't wait!

And lastly, we stopped at Sonic every chance we got for Strawberry Limeades. I wish we had a Sonic close by. Those drinks are pure liquid gold.

How was your weekend? Any fun things going on this week?

3 comments:

hanner said...

i love road trips! i want to take some this summer. and go camping. and do everything.

i got a bit of a burn on my neck this weekend, blah. aaaand i still have a weird tanline from last summer. AND a lingering one from when i was a lifeguard... four years ago. i am cancer.

AmandaStretch said...

Love weekend road trips. I almost had one this weekend but it fell apart.

This weekend I'm off to Egypt. So, you know, that's pretty awesome.

Jen Evans said...

Sounds good and good. Wednesday I'm probably going to Ashburn, so Tuesday is better. And you'd be able to see lizzieballetrecital2010 on my computer.