Feb 20, 2009

i can smell vintage from a mile away.

Boyfriend likes to make fun of me for my love of vintage. I'm not even that obsessed! I just really like pretty things! In the time spent with moi, he has decided to jump on the vintage train. He went rummaging through his dads closet and found some cool ties. I knew they were vintage and I asked "where did you get that tie?" and he told me where and he claims i said "i knew it. i can smell vintage from a mile away." This is the tie, that you cannot really see. I do not remember saying that. But no matter - either way it is true. I love vintage and I can smell it a mile away. This post is dedicated to all things vintage.
beautiful suitcases.
1930s antique ringi love this world map
such a cool mirror. kind of spooky, kind of beautiful.love, love this chair. i would maybe recover it, but the pink is kind of cool.
1920s broochI will continue working on straddling the line of love and obsession for all thing vintage.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I love vintage too.

Team O'Connor said...

I loved all of your pictures. I would have my entire house vintage if my fiance would jump on the old train. He does not share our love. I moved out of DC. I live in Frederick now so we're in the middle of where we both work. I'll post some pics soon. I love the country though. I hope you're doing great!

Julie said...

Thanks! I'll look out for the pictures.

Sherpa, let me in on the good vintage places in DC. I'm losing my connections. Sad.

naomi megan. said...

but who doesn't love a girl who loves vintage? ;)

so.. i have a random thought or question for you. from reading a bit on your blog, i gather you're from dc? yes? or have fam or a boy there?

...anyway, we're sort of moving there the end of this month (it's all happening really fast, but the husband got offered a job there that is a gazillion times better then the one he has now and we'd be idiots to pass it up with this lil recession of sorts...) plus we're really excited for a new adventure!

anyway, we don't know a soul in dc and are trying to figure out which neighborhoods would be best for living/etc. have any thoughts? and maybe someday if you're ever going back maybe you and your boy and us can do a little dinner or something!

sorry i know you're busy too, but let me know if you have any thoughts or recommendations. we'll be there this weekend trying to scope out the areas and such. can you email me if you have any thoughts or tips? naomi.megan@gmail.com

thanks lady!!!
xo