Feb 2, 2009

The post with photo absence.

I left my dumb old camera cord at TH's house and now he is GONE for 2 months and I have no power to upload pictures. I am totally depressed.

Anyway lets just pretend shall we?

We begin.

So TH decided for christmas this year, we would have an interactive present in which we could both benefit AND extend the holiday season for a month afterwards!
(picture of me looking really cute and shocked because TH gave me tickets to the Met for christmas)
We went to Orfeo ed Eurydice, which is the story of Orpheus wherein he descends into the underworld to reclaim his wife who died by snakebite. It was at the Lincoln Center, and this was my maiden voyage. It was beautiful.
(beautiful picture of lincoln center in all its splendor and chandeliers flowing like water)
The opera was of course amazing. There was a chorus of 100 people, all representing different famous people throughout history. Their costumes were so elaborate and detailed - people like Abe Lincoln, Ghandi, Queen Elizabeth, and Babe Ruth. The part of Orfeo was played by a woman and it was perfect. I cried. The opera is so intense and I cry every time. I love it.
After the opera, we walked to a nearby restaurant and we saw a celebrity from the Food Network (I don't know if those people are considered celebrities, but whatever. They are on TV.)
(Insert picture of cloudy dark sky with city buildings backdrop).
TH wore his new super-euro suit and I wore a hot black and white dress with stilettos, AND i walked around the city in them. I am learning.
(picture of TH and I in the mirror, pretending we are disaffected youth)

And that was my christmas present from TH. Splendid. I like him. Lesson to men: Girls like having the chance to dress up in their shiny nice stuff. Not that we operate on the point system or anything, but if we did, TH would have earned like points through to Spring, which is good since I will not see him until then. He needs them. Ha.

1 comment:

DeeAura said...

HA! I love the fake pictures. They're so fash. At least that's how they looked on my end. Anyway. I think my favorite is the portrayal of disaffected youth. Over.