Feb 17, 2009

Umbrellas of Cherbourg

I started The Umbrellas of Cherbourg a couple weeks ago, and finally finished it last night. I recommend you watch it immediately. It's french with english subtitles, and the entire script - all dialogue is in song. Everything is sung - it is a true true musical. But that's not the best part. The colors in this movie are absolutely brilliant. I took a few screenshots for your viewing pleasure. I was coveting the wallpaper in the umbrella shop the entire movie. I seriously want to fill my life with colors like these.



The story line is kind of boring - girl and boy fall in love, boy goes to war, life happens, plot thickens, loose ends are tied up, blah blah blah. Just watch it for the beautiful colors and luscious songs.

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

Saw this in college. To everything - ditto.