Feb 8, 2009

New people, new things

I hung out with grad school people this weekend. It was fun. Who knew?

Rooftop parties, loft parties, foosball championships, rockband, etc.

This past week was awful. I'm so stressed out. I stayed up until 230 the other night because I couldn't figure out which policy is best to support renewable energy. I'm officially a nerd. School has kicked into high gear, the resume is being polished, then the job hunt is ON.

All the advice I keep hearing from alumni and career panels is "network, network, network". Ack. Well, I am. I go to at least one networking event a week, sometimes two. Some are fun, some are schmooze fests, but they always have amazing free cheeses and cookies. One day someone will ask me - "how do you know so much about cheeses?" and i will reply "oh, i went to an ivy league school. that is why it costs so much to attend is because someone has to subsidize all the free wine and cheese." I would ask for a kickback since I don't drink any of the wine, but I think I make up for it in cheeses.

Cheeses.

I was having a really awful week and my friends really brightened it up for me. Jess, Sara, Adrienne, Sarah L., Jen, Josh, and some new friends too - love you guys! I'm so lucky to have made such beautiful and kind friends in this huge city.

2 comments:

JD said...

glad to see you are taking full-advantage of the five-digit tuition you are paying.

Maggie May said...

networking is it's own job. cool blog!
hi! :)