Feb 16, 2009

visiting queens.

On saturday we took the 7 out to flushing meadows park to see the worlds fair memorabilia and queens museum. The worlds fair came to NY in 1964.The queens museum had a model of new york city - all 5 boroughs with all buildings appropriately scaled. There was the bronx zoo, coney island, the statue of liberty, columbus circle, the flatiron, and columbia university to name a few. It was really very cool. Worth the hour long subway ride.
It was really cool and this place felt years away from manhattan. It would make for an awesome summer day trip.

On the way home we stopped in times square for a jamba juice and sat at the stools in front of the window to watch all the tourists go by. Then back to UWS for vday flowers, get dressed up, then out to Indus Valley for delicious indian food.

All in all, a great weekend. I love exploring the city - especially with TH! Now he is off on his world tour 2009 and I won't see him for a month. But good times when I do. More about this later.

1 comment:

Ms.LMC said...

I miss the 7 train, and the Jamba Juice in Times Square, though I've only been to that one once...I had one much closer to me...and I miss the Gnomie.