May 4, 2010

Restaurant review: Sonoma

Last night TH and i checked out Sonoma, after buying a groupon a few weeks ago. It's just a 2 minute walk from our apartment, so we were really excited to try it.

The review in a word: salt.
We tried some excellent cheese (I recommend the Marisa Cave Aged), and my Bibb salad with strawberries and balsamic vinegar was really great. But everything else was just doused in salt. TH got the trout with red peas and shallots. It was good, but intensely herby and salty. I got the spaghetti with dill, mushrooms and farm fresh eggs, and again very salty and herby.

I mean, it was good. We just wanted to eat less salt. We'll probably go back to try other things. It was a lovely night out with TH, and at the end of dinner, he said "well, you win some you lose some. We eat out so much that at this point, I consider it sport." Haha. We decided we are only going to eat dinner out a few times a month, but when we do, it will be somewhere nice, instead of eating out like 2, 3 times a week at semi-crappy places.

I still can't believe I have to wait the whole summer for Wagamama. Waahhhh.

No comments: