Nov 12, 2007

And on the 7th day, Gnomie rested

Finally! I got some well deserved sleep this weekend. And let me tell you, for all you guys who don't have the pleasure of sitting around all day Sunday - I feel very badly for you. I'd like to come help you out and take care of your Sunday business for you so you can take the day off.

After spending the night in a Richmond hotel on Friday night, getting up early and standing outside all day in the COLD weather, cheering on marathoners - I was pooped. I know that makes me sound like a lazy whiner, so I want to be very clear that I AM a lazy whiner. I mean, thousands of people are running this 26.2 race and I'm too lazy to stand and hold a sign for 3 hours? Yeah, I get the irony. But still, I hadn't been on a 3 month training regimen to hold a sign and cheer for 3 hours, so I wasn't ready for it. In fact, it has been since high school that I have stood and cheered for hours at a time, but I was usually in a short skirt and was all getting high off the fumes of flirting with boys. This time, I had the fumes of TH's meaty Shmeltz from Sheetz (amazing gas station with the best food EVER) to keep me company. The biggest flirt I got from him that day was to ask me if I wanted to share his mayonnaise and potato chips with him. Guh-ross.
At the marathon, waiting for IGGY!

Anyway, we went to see our little Iggy run her first marathon, in which she kicked major ass. Seriously, I'm sure she'll post about it soon - but I will tell you that she was fast as lightning. Is there anything this girl can't do??
She even gets down with the O'Douls. Rock tha party.

After watching all that running, TH and I were exhausted. We went to a quick choir program and then off to the house to watch Reality Bites - which just happens to be one of my favorite movies. Fell asleep on the futon around midnight and slept until 8:30, got up to watch a quick episode of Gossip Girl on my laptop, then I went back to sleep until 1:30! This girl knows how to sleep. Seriously, if you ever need lessons - I'm awesome. I'll share all my secrets.

So now its veterans day, a federal holiday - and the district is empty today! Parts of me wish I would've stayed home and slept today, until I remembered I have nothing to do except study for the GRE and I would MUCH rather be wasting time at work then studying. So there you have it.

4 comments:

The Sullengers said...

It sounds fun - maybe you should have worn a short skirt for memory purposes...

leslie said...

i kinda love my redeye in that picture. what can i say, o'douls turns me into a vampire or cat. something with red eyes... help me out here, folks!

thanks AGAIN (and again and again) for coming to richmond to cheer. wouldn't have been the same without my favorite cheerleader...

Lars said...

Ha ha! Julie was a cheerleader!

Julie said...

Yes. Yes, I WAS a cheerleader. Maybe I should write about that...