Nov 9, 2007

Decisions are a dime a dozen.

Why did I come to work today?

1. I was late.
2. Friday breakfast was not what it usually is. Teensy bagels and grapes.
3. Our offices are moving in 2 weeks and everyone chose today to start packing.

Let's focus on #3.
The storage room is right across from my little cube. Apparently, today was the day that everyone felt they needed to start throwing things away and packing up crates. 6 garbage bags later, and with 5 people yelling and laughing and carrying on - I was literally trapped in my cube. I finally just got up, hopped over the garbage bags, and went downstairs to hang out with some coworkers. I seriously couldn't even work until about 30 minutes ago. And NOW the day is almost over! How am I supposed to find work to do in the next 2 1/2 hours?

Oh in other news, I don't think I'll be doing an international development MA after all. Grads from these programs keep spilling their regrets to me, and I'd rather not be a broke 28 year old who can't find a job and can't pay her student loans. Forget it. So...what do I do, then? I have other options, but I'm really thinking about just going for a PhD. Yeah, it's more commitment, and more dedication - but I'm actually a very dedicated and committed individual (contrary to popular belief).
The international degree would be so much fun and so interesting, but I've been afraid to apply to some program that would just waste my time. UnLESS I went to grad school in the UK, where the programs are only a year. Hey, why not? I like pims and The Clash and I even enjoy an occasional snog.

I need a life coach. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oxford it is!

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to be your life coach, but it will probably just involve me cursing a lot and the two of us hanging out at the DQ debating about the Blizzard of the Month. If you're up for it, I wouldn't even charge. Except for Blizzards.