Nov 7, 2007

Freshly pressed, but still craving the curly fries

Ever since the end of Rocktober, I've been taking a bloggy break because - seriously. Who blogs that many reviews besides PAID PROFESSIONALS. Oh, don't worry - I am a paid professional, but Blogging isn't really in my job description. Unless you count the fact that I had an LOTR conversation with my boss the other day wherein I referred to myself as Bilbo Bloggins. Not really, but maybe I should get on that.

I really really love the feeling of putting on a fresh, crisp, new white shirt. I think everyone should have an abundance of white shirts in their closet. And they should all fit well and if they get the slightest hint of dinginess - to the TRASH with them! Really, there is nothing worse than a stainy-yellowed once-white shirt. And because I don't understand the concept of bleach (unlike some people), I must discard.

I also just picked up 4 pants from our dry cleaners downstairs. 4 freshly pressed and freshly tailored pairs of pants. I am doing well today. If I hadn't gotten in late to work, I'd say this day is starting out well! But because I arrived to 5 voicemails from my boss asking where I was (boss can be a little clingy sometimes), I'm a little stressed about work. (But clearly not that stressed or I wouldn't be blogging. HA! BURN! Take that Clingy Boss!)

My plan for work today is to see how many different projects I can get started on. I figure if I start promoting myself as the Employee With Initiative, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a little promotion, right? As much as work sucks sometimes, there are other times when you think - Hey, atleast I don't have it as bad as Teen Heartthrob, assistant manager at Arby's: (this is not Teen Heartthrob)

THIS is TH!!
I think I caught him mid-sentence here. I'm pretty sure he was asking me how it is that I manage to look so beautiful every day and how he wants to buy me new shoes all the time. Feel free, TH. I'm open to the shoes idea.

Although(back too Arby's), on second thought, it would be nice to have all the curly fries you could ever ingest. Mmmmm....curly fries.

Oh holy moly - Amber if you ever read my blog, my roommate and I found a CHECKERS about 5 blocks away from our house. Gnomie vs. Checkers French Fries...it will be a fight to the death.

1 comment:

leslie said...

if i had a nickel for every time i said, "at least my life isn't as bad as TH's."