Sep 15, 2010

gus gus.


last saturday i saw a mouse in our kitchen. i just happened to glance over and see a little furry thing dart under the oven. after screaming like a little girl, i ran to my computer and emailed the landlord. "send someone right away to remedy the issue", i wrote, sounding so mature about the whole situation.
last night i came home to an empty house (TH is still in London), and a note on the door, something to the effect of "pest control wuz here", and i ran upstairs and straight to my room. i didn't want to see the traps set out or any dead mice laying on the floor.
so i'm laying on my bed, minding my own biz, when i hear "SNAP". a mouse trap. a sickening mouse trap. oh the horror! a mouse, dead in my very own kitchen!! after working up the courage to walk into the kitchen and look with my hands over my eyes for the mouse...i didn't find anything! so now i think that the traps may have been set under the oven, and if you think i'm fishing around under the oven for a dead mouse, you have never met me before.

so. now i have possibly a dead mouse that will rot in my kitchen until TH gets home later this week. unless i can convince a kind and brave soul to come over and help me investigate! i have a pair of boots, a whiffle bat, a snow hat and gloves that will protect you. at least, that's what i wore last night when i tried to find the little (dead) guy.

8 comments:

naomi megan. said...

you know josh would LOVE an opportunity to come be a hero and discard a dead mouse. and he killed and cleaned up many a mice back in our nyc days. let us know if you want him to come check it out tonight. i'm not as brave, but i can always offer moral support ;)

Jen Evans said...

Haplo is very excited to spend a week at your house now.

Unknown said...

ah! gosh those mousetraps kill me. i can send over one of my cats who will gladly find it and take care of it for you.

one of them is a real hunter.

Unknown said...

I think it's safe to say I suffer from musophobia. I currently have at least one mouse in my house. I really hope it doesn't have any friends. This trap I just bought kills the mouse and seals any trace of parasites or bodily fluids that I certainly don't want around my house. http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m265#desc

Julie said...

you guys are all so nice to give advice. i'm in talks with my sister to borrow her cat.

jasmine said...

hahaha! that title is EXCELLENT.

Lars said...

I know you're going to laugh when you read this, but coming from "the country" we had mice ALL THE TIME. And even though you don't want to look under the stove to see if you caught it, there is nothing worse than the smell of a dead mouse. NOTHING!

Julie said...

lars, i really miss you! come kill this mouse for me, you were always the brave one!